On the relation between entrepreneurship and quality management
Abstract Healthy business ecosystems are necessary for competitive advantage, the major force of the trade economy, and free markets. Business sustainability requires entrepreneurship skills, knowledge, and competencies, as well as standardization of processes, procedures, etc., which relate to quality management patterns. Entrepreneurship can be measured, and so can quality management. Most international, regional, and local business organizations, individual businesses, as well as several researchers, assert that there is a connection between entrepreneurship and quality management, especially with ISO standards.
Therefore, it is necessary to research the relations between entrepreneurship and quality management to provide a clear insight into the issue. This study is based on an analysis of regression between the Index of Entrepreneurship and the Index of ISO Standards, to verify Hypothesis H1 (There is not any relation between E Index and ISO Standards Index) against Hypothesis H0 (There is a strong relation between E Index and ISO Standards Index). The results of the research show that entrepreneurship requires scientific management of factors of production, employing skills, knowledge, and competencies, as well as using principles of quality
management, achieving an economic (competitive) advantage, so, a connection and relations between entrepreneurship and management of quality (standards of quality management, ISO), is indispensable. It can be stated from the conducted research that there is no relation between entrepreneurship and ISO standards yet, even though it is highly needed and that should exist to promote sustainable entrepreneurship with no support at all.
Keywords:Entrepreneurship, business sustainability, competitive advantage, quality management, ISO standards, ISO standards Index.
• Deshati, E., & Gorica, K. (2023). Strategic entrepreneurial responses to economic, social, political and technological environment – a literature review. CRJ, 1(1), 56–63. https://doi.org/10.59380/crj.v1i1.642
• Tafa Besarta & Tafa Gjergji (2021). Capitalism as an economic system. An empirical analysis of the capitalist financial stability during crisis. CRJ, 44. http://crj.cit.edu.al
• GEM (Global Entrepreneurship Monitor) (2022). Global Entrepreneurship Monitor 2021/2022 Global Report: Opportunity Amid Disruption. London: GEM. ISBN: 978-1-9160178-9-4 (print). https://www.gemconsortium.org/reports/latest-global-report. Visited 24th September 2022.
• Ceko, Enriko. (2016a). Some Issues On Relations Between Quality Management / Iso Standards Application And Doing Business Climate. (A Comparative Analysis Of Balkans With Western European Countries). European Scientific Journal, ESJ, 12(7), 124. https://doi.org/10.19044/esj.2016.v12n7p124.
• Ceko Enriko. (2016b). "On relations between quality management, doing business and life quality (a comparative analysis of Balkans with western European countries)," European journal of economics and management sciences, CyberLeninka; «East-West» Association for Advanced Studies and Higher Education GmbH, issue 2, pages 34-40.
• Diochon, Monica; Anderson, Alistair R. (1 March 2011). "Ambivalence and ambiguity in social enterprise; narratives about values in reconciling
purpose and practices". International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal. 7 (1): 93–109. doi:10.1007/s11365-010-0161-0. hdl:10059/613. ISSN 1555-1938. S2CID 144081539.
• Gaddefors, Johan; Anderson, Alistair R. (1 January 2017). "Entrepreneurship and context: when entrepreneurship is greater than entrepreneurs". International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior& Research. 23 (2): 267–278. doi:10.1108/IJEBR-01-2016-0040. hdl:10059/2299. ISSN 1355-2554.
• Alvarez, Sharon A.; Busenitz, Lowell W. (1 December 2001). "The entrepreneurship of resource-based theory". Journal of Management. 27 (6): 755–775. doi:10.1177/014920630102700609. ISSN 0149-2063. S2CID 220587830
• Lindgren, Monica; Packendorff, Johann (1 January 2009). "Social constructionism and entrepreneurship: Basic assumptions and consequences
for theory and research". International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research. 15 (1): 25–47. doi:10.1108/13552550910934440. ISSN 1355-2554.
• Neergaard, Helle; Ulhøi, John P. (2007). Handbook of Qualitative R Methods in Entrepreneurship. Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84720-438-7.]
• Shane, S. A. (2003). A general theory of entrepreneurship: the individual-opportunity nexus. Northampton, Massachusetts: E. Elgar.
• Qureshi, Hamid (3 September 2015). "Decoding Right Strategies for Entrepreneurship". Greater Kashmir.
• Adel, H.M.; Mahrous, A.A.; Hammad, R. (2020). "Entrepreneurial marketing strategy, institutional environment, and business performance of SMEs in Egypt". Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies. 12 (ahead-of-print): 727–746. doi:10.1108/JEEE-11-2019-0171. S2CID 219755580.
• Ceko Enriko & Meçalla Naim. 2017. Total Quality Management. Wisdom University Press.
• Business sustainability management course. The 2022 University of Cambridge. https://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/education/learn-online/business-sustainability-management-online-short-course
• World Most Entrepreneurial countries 2021 (2022), https://ceoworld.biz/2021/01/03/worlds-most-entrepreneurial- countries-2021/
• Rose, Kenneth H. Project Quality Management: Why What, and How. Fort Lauderdale, Florida: J. Ross Publishing. p. 41. ISBN 1-932159-48-7, 2005
• Ceko Enriko. Quality management tools. Monographic.2013
• ISO Survey Executive Summary. 2014. hrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclef indmkaj/https://www.iso.org/files/live/sites/isoorg/files/archive/pdf/en/iso_survey_executive-summary.pdf
• ISO Survey, (2020a). ISO Survey Executive Summary. 2020. https://www.iso.org/the-iso-survey.html
• Leo T. Glynn & Ralph S. Stowe, 09/24/2003, The Entrepreneurial Case for ISO Standards. https://www.entrepreneurship.org/articles/2003/09/
• The world’s most entrepreneurial countries. 2022. Ceoworld Magazine. https://ceoworld. biz/2021/01/03/worlds-most-entrepreneurial-countries- 2021/#:~:text=The%20Entrepreneurship%20 Index%2C%20compiled%20by,of%20global%20 gross%20domestic%20product.
• Explore over 79M companies from the whole of Europe and beyond, https://www.hithorizons.com/
• ISO Survey (2020). ISO Survey of Management System Standards reveals a 17% increase in certifications, https://www.quality.org/article/2020-iso-survey-management-system-standards-reveals-17-increase-certifications